Thursday, September 25, 2008

Erotica for Foodies

Last night my husband went to this high-ticket, black tie, fancy-shmancy benefit dinner as a representative from his company. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend. He understands me well enough to know that I don't care about the swanky door prize, and that I'm only mildly interested in his chat with First Lady Laura Bush. What I was really salivating over was the food. When he walked in the door, I was pressing him for the details - the succulent, juicy specifics of that pricey plate. And bless his heart, he brought me a copy of the menu. He knows me so well. Here it is for your drooling pleasure:

Fusion Seafood Duo
Citrus Crabmeat Salad with Jicama, Mango and Wasabi Peas
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Topped with a Nest of Crispy Yams
Spiced Plantain Chip, Thai Basil Mango Sauce
Cinnamon Grove Chardonnay

Grilled Sliced Filet of Beef
with Sauteed Onions
Oregon Coffee and Chili Rub
Cheddar Cheese Potato Pie
Rosemary Roasted Vegetables
Black Currant Sauce
Hidden Creek Cabernet Sauvignon

S'mores Terrine
Layers of Chocolate and Caramel Mousse
Glazed in Ganache
Topped with Marshmallow Brulee
Chocolate Shard
Warm Cherry Compote


If anyone needs me, I'll be taking a cold shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD you shared this menu, I was very curious. Sounds yummy. Especially the Yam Nest, except the grilled shrimp could have been IN the nest.
ps: was there a door prize?