Monday, April 13, 2009

Breakfast & Flower Bed

The apartment above ours was recently rented out. The ad for the apartment boasted, "beautiful garden views."

Um, I guess I better learn how to garden.

Up until yesterday (massive spring cleaning), it was more like, potentially beautiful garden views. And lots of dog poop.

I would love to have a gorgeous little oasis of flowers, herbs, and, if I can keep the caterpillars under control, tomatoes. I went to the Macy's flower show for some inspiration:





I walked down 6th Avenue to the Union Square farmers market and returned home with cilantro, basil, thyme, parsley, dill and a big fern. It's a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I think those giant psychadelic mushroom things would look great on your patio. See what plans Macy's has for them.
Love you,\Mom

Genny Gomez said...

Now I simply must know Ms. Shore what you did with those fresh herbs.